To join, you must have a book blog (you review books on it) that you update regularly. You must have been blogging for at least 2 months. Tours open to residents of the US only. You must follow the following rules exactly to avoid getting strikes. 3 strikes and you will be kicked off the tours until the next restart date (approx 6 months later) unless otherwise specified.
1. You have one week to read the book after you recieve it. This will be closely monitored.
2. Take care of the book! You aren't the only one who's going to read it. And if each person tears it a little, or spills just a little water on it, it'll be a mess by the time it gets back to the owner.
3. WHEN YOU RECIEVE A BOOK, e-mail email@example.com to get the address of the next person. Subject line RECIEVED [BOOK TITLE], NEXT ADDRESS
- IT IS YOUR RESPONSIBILITY TO E-MAIL US FOR THE NEXT ADDRESS
- If we do not respond within 24 hours, please re-send your e-mail.
5. When you mail out the book, please e-mail the DC to firstname.lastname@example.org Subject line MAILED [BOOK TITLE]
6. You must write a review of the book within 1 week of mailing it. Post a link to your review in the "Mr. Linky" widget at the bottom of the appropriate post. You may "pass" on two reviews in case you didn't finish, hated it, etc. If you are using a pass, you must let us know.
(inspiration from Around the World Tours)
4 Warnings = 1 strike
3 strikes = removal from tours
Mailing a book 2 days late = 1 Warning
Posting a review after 1 week of mailing = 1 warning per week
Mailing a book more than one week late = 1 strike per week
Sending an ARC to someone not on the list = 3 strikes, immediate removal
Strikes and warnings can be worked off using our points system