Thursday, October 1, 2009

When the Whistle Blows by Fran Slayton

Jimmy lives in Rowlesburg, West Virginia, during the 1940s. He does all the things boys do in the small mountain town: plays a mean game of football, pulls the unforgettable Halloween prank with his friends in "the Platoon," and promises to head off into the woods on the first day of hunting season— no matter what. He also knows his father belongs to a secret society, and is determined to uncover the mysteries behind it! But it is a midnight encounter with a train that shows Jimmy the man his father really is.

Newcomer Fran Cannon Slayton's powerful first novel captures the serendipity of boyhood by shining a spotlight on the peak adventures of Jimmy's life. But at its heart, this is a story about a boy and his father in a time when trains reigned supreme.
--
Here's the list for this tour. Please let me know if there are any changes that need to be made by October 4th:

1. Jordan - book review
2. Shel
3. Crystal
4. Jill
5. Gina

6 comments:

Jordan Perryman said...

This one sounds interesting. I usually don't read too many books from a boys point of view but this one sounds like it will be good.

I live in the US and cannot ship to Canada at this time.

Jordan
jmoose09@gmail.com

Shel said...

I'd like to join!

I can ship to Canada.

s.j.kessel.writes [at] gmail [dot] com.

Cackleberry Homestead said...

Count me in.

Live in US, can ship to Canada.

crystalfulcher(at)ec.rr.com

Jill Buck said...

I'd like to participate but would just like to ship to the US.
buckfamily@ptd.net

http://bookbookseverywhere.blogspot.com/

Book Dragon said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Book Dragon said...

Am I too late?

I'm in the US, yes, I can ship to Canada

bookdragonslair at gmail dot com


Gina