The absolute value of any number, positive or negative, is its distance from zero: |-1| = 1
Noah, Lily, and Simon have been a trio forever. But as they enter high school, their relationships shift and their world starts to fall apart. Privately, each is dealing with a family crisis—divorce, abuse, and a parent's illness. Yet as they try to escape the pain and reach out for the connections they once counted on, they slip—like soap in a shower. Noah’s got it bad for Lily, but he knows too well Lily sees only Simon. Simon is indifferent, suddenly inscrutable to his friends. All stand alone in their heartache and grief.
In his luminous YA novel, Steve Brezenoff explores the changing value of relationships as the characters realize that the distances between them are far greater than they knew.
ABSOLUTE VALUE OF -1 SIGN UPS CLOSED
SENT 7/7 DC# 03100480000080549518
1. Allison (AZ) Rec'd 7/12 MAILED 7/16 (3 days early) DC# 0307 1790 0004 0403 0736
2. Lisette (TX) Rec'd 7/20 Mailed ?
3. Jamie (LA) Rec'd 8/3 Mail by 8/10 NO DC. Warning
4. Morgan (MN)rec'd 8/12 Mailed 8/18 (1 day early) DC# 03100480000105890922
5. Crystal (NC) Rev'd 8/24 Sent 9/4 (4 days late) DC# 9102 1480 0860 0131 1020 03
6. Katelyn (MD) Mailed 9/17 DC # 0310 2010 0002 5253 2309
7. Readergirls (NY) Rec'd 9/20 Mail by 9/27
8. Emily (NH)
Returned to donator. Tour Retired.